Kathleen’s Sweet Milk Scones
- 1lb self-raising flour 2oz caster sugar
- 1 egg 300ml milk
- 4oz margarine Pinch of salt
- Preparation: Preheat the oven to 220C
- Rub margarine into the flour, salt and sugar with finger tips.
- Mix the egg and milk and add to the dry ingredients
- Combine the mixture into a dough.
- Roll out the dough about 2cm thick onto a floured board.
- Cut into rounds then place on a greased baking tray or sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 12 mins or until lightly browned and cooked through.
- Enjoy served warm or cool with butter or clotted cream and fruit jam.